Neo4j has experienced more than 100 percent growth across Asia Pacific over the past year. Accelerated demand comes from a wide range of industries, including financial services, travel, retail, public sector, and healthcare organisations seeking to solve their most complex problems.
The company’s business benefits are further bolstered by a commissioned Forrester Consulting Total Economic Impact (TEI) study on Neo4j’s graph data platform, which demonstrated more than 400 percent return on investment over three years for a composite organisation.
Hundreds of organisations around the region rely on Neo4j for mission-critical applications, and many thousands more experiment, prototype, and deploy Neo4j’s expanding portfolio of cloud services. Notable customers include the Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA), Telstra, Capital A, Standard Chartered Bank, DBS Bank, Starhub, Amity Thailand, Tabcorp, Woodside Energy, PlayHQ, and leading government agencies.
Neo4j continued to grow in popularity as Asia Pacific’s most widely deployed graph data platform, driven by customers’ desire to seek solutions to complex, previously unsolvable problems impacting their operations, innovations, and bottom line.
Other momentum drivers include increased adoption of Neo4j AuraDB, a fully managed service that reduces friction as intelligent applications shift to the cloud, as well as the adoption of Neo4j Graph Data Science™, a complete toolset for data scientists to apply graph algorithms for more effective machine learning, improved data analysis, and better predictions.
Reflecting on the past year, Nik Vora, Neo4j Asia Pacific Vice President, attributed the company’s performance to several key factors.
“2021 was a stellar year for Neo4j in Asia Pacific with more than 100 percent growth – and we’re only just scratching the surface of what’s possible,” said Vora. “With Neo4j, they have a powerful way to ‘connect the dots’ and uncover relationships between data points that traditional data infrastructure has failed to deliver.
“Neo4j is being successfully adopted in all industries in Asia Pacific to overcome a variety of pain points – from fraud detection at some of the biggest financial services organisations and law enforcement agencies to building more resilient manufacturing and supply chains”.
The momentum has attracted top talent from companies such as IBM, Microsoft, Nokia, and SingTel in Shanghai, Shenzhen, Bangalore, Pune, Mumbai, and Jakarta. Functional areas that have expanded the most include technology, sales, marketing, and partnerships. Notable Asia Pacific appointments include Kimberly Chen, people strategy and talent acquisition lead, Daniel Ng, marketing vice president, and Hubert Ng, cloud channels director.
Notable Neo4j milestones include:
- Choice of the Singapore Government: Neo4j is the sole graph data platform vendor in Singapore’s Government Bulk Tender, provisioning data science software and services for government ministries and departments, statutory boards, organs of state, and participating entities.
- Asia Pacific Customers Shine: The Neo4j Graphie Award nominations eclipsed all prior years, with winners including Commonwealth Bank of Australia, Telstra, Lenovo, DBS Bank, and Standard Chartered.
- Deepening Commitment to Indonesia: Neo4j has welcomed Reza Pahlevi as Country Managing Director for Indonesia, and has partnered with IYKRA to deliver a free AI certification program. Together with KORIKA, Neo4j demonstrates a commitment to the Indonesian government’s Emas 2045 vision to foster tech talent.
- Expanding Partner Roster: Neo4j trained and certified over 1,000 graph practitioners from leading global system integrators. The regional ecosystem includes ABeam Consulting, Abyres, Data Science Wizards, DXC Consulting, KewMann, iEnterprise Online, IYKRA, Data Knowledge Management (DKM), Guangzhou Shuangwu, and Servian.
- Recognised for Analytics at Scale: Neo4j was named ‘Best Data Analytics at Scale Vendor’ by Data & Storage Asean
- Neo4j’s Unsurpassed ROI: The Neo4j Graph Data Platform pays for itself more than 4x in the span of three years (417 percent ROI), according to a recent Forrester TEI report.
- Accelerated Time to Value: According to Forrester, Neo4j showed 60 percent accelerated time to value, as average development time shrunk from 12 months to four.
- Neo4j on Azure, GCP, and AWS: Neo4j is globally available on Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), and Amazon Web Services (AWS) marketplaces.